Raspberry Pi Hands On Training
It is a wonderful opportunity to learn one of the powerful open source operating system along with embedded system design using Raspberry pi you’ll learn starting from fundamentals such as user accounts, UNIX permissions and access control. You'll gain confidence in finding your way around Linux system installations using standard Linux commands.
You'll become familiar with the vi editor and be able to use it proficiently to create and modify files. You'll learn, the principles of how Linux boots, both on PCs (GRUB, LILO) and on embedded systems (U-Boot).
You'll get a good introduction to working with the standard Unix tools and utilities (including the BusyBox toolset on the RaspberryPi). You'll also learn how to set up and configure disk based, in memory, and flash file systems.
You'll gain the skills needed to configure ethernet and serial communications ports and TCP/IP networking. And you'll learn how to use package managers (both RPM and APT) to install software.
Raspberry Pi is a card sized Computer developed in the U.K by the Raspberry Pi Foundation for easy to develop low cost OS based embedded devices. Its based on ARM MPU and we can port Raspbian(linux) , android, fedora, ubuntu etc on raspberry pi.The raspberry is come with the python platform and it also support the c.
The Raspberry Pi has a Broadcom BCM2835 system on a chip. which includes an ARM1176JZF-S 700 MHz processor , VideoCore IV GPU, and was originally shipped with 256 megabytes of RAM, later upgraded to 512 MB. It does not include a built-in hard disk or solid-state drive, but uses an SD card for booting.
- Starting up Linux on a PC and starting up Linux on a RaspberryPi
- Logging on to Linux
- Linux as a multi-user, multi-tasking operating system
- Accessing the command line (terminal and desktop)
- Accessing and using manual pages
Working with the command line and the shell
- Introduction to command shells
- Understanding command syntax
- Executing commands at the command line
- Common command line tasks
- Piping and redirection
- Managing user accounts
- Performing RPM and APT package related operations
Managing directories and files
- Understanding the filesystem hierarchy standard (FHS)
- Changing directories and listing directory contents
- Creating, viewing and appending files
- Copying and moving files and directories
- Creating directories
- Deleting files and directories
- Finding files on linux
- Managing file permissions and ownership
Basic use of the vi text editor
Understanding and viewing processes
- Viewing processes from the command line
- Understanding the runlevel concept
- Understanding the concepts underlying multiuser processes, multitasking and multi-threading
Managing the network configuration
- Basic network configuration
- Overview of the network-related command-line tools
Managing user access and security
- Basic Linux user security features
- Managing Linux users and groups
- Managing and securing the linux user environment
- Securing files and directories with permissions
Setting up a linux file system
- An overview of the various types of Linux filesystems
- Overview of configuring linux filesystem partitions
- Overview of configuring and managing a linux file system
- Backing up and restoring a file system
- Working with Flash File Systems and SD/MMC cards
We at CITL-tech varsity training institute in Bangalore India offers training on ARM Cortex-M3/M4 software development and it is designed for engineers who are developing software for platforms based on ARM M3 ,ARM 4 processors.
We at CITL-tech varsity training institute in Bangalore India offers training on RTOS on ARM Cortex-M3/M4 and it is designed for engineers who are developing software for platforms based on ARM M3 ,ARM 4 processors.